Guardian Tales - New Year Roadmap for Season 2 Revealed!
Season 1 will come to an end with the soon to be released Chapter 11.
However, it is just the beginning of the adventure for the Guardians and Little Princess!
The journey to seek the Champion Sword continues in Season 2 with a completely new world and progression.
There must be many questions about the direction of the game and the whereabouts of the Heroes. Celebrating New Years, the Developers of Guardian Tales have created a first half year roadmap to inform our Guardians.
Note that besides the 7 steps development plan that runs upto this summer, we are preparing numerous updates that reflect our Guardians’ feedback!
Without further ado, let’s talk about what we have to share.
※ Keep in mind that the following content are rough drafts; details and images can be changed in the actual update. Also, please note the dates mentioned are for the Korean server and global release dates may differ.
- 1. World Exploration Mode & Merchandise Creation System (March)
- 2. Co-op Official Open (March)
- 3. Kama-ZONE Reform (March)
- 4. Hero Faith System (April)
- 5. Division of Arena League & Top Arena System (May)
- 6. Story Replay (June)
- 7. New Guild Content (July)
- *Release months based on Korean server releases.
Step 1 World Exploration Mode & Merchandise Creation System
■ World Exploration Mode
- Gather forces with Heroes and embark on a journey to take down the Invaders all over the world.
- In World Exploration Mode, explore the wide world map to encounter numerous events, rewards, and enemies.
- World Exploration Mode consists of many different worlds.
- Each world has a powerful enemy ‘World Boss,’ and you can continue on to the next world by defeating the boss.
- Besides combat, each world has numerous events for every Hero plays an important role
- Special events or gimmicks can earn special rewards such as weakening the World Boss or strengthening the Heroes.
- You can earn ‘merch material’ for the World Exploration Mode’s reward.
※ World Exploration does not consume stamina such as coffee.
■ Merchandise Creation System
- A 3D printer is added in the blacksmith workroom.
- You can create numerous ‘merch’ from the merch material gained in World Exploration Mode.
- Merch is a new type of equipment item. One Merch can be equipped per hero.
- Equipping merch grants numerous extra stats and special options.
- With a small chance, a ‘Super Costume’ can be earned while creating merch.
- Super Costume changes the illustration of the character’s pixel arts.
Step 2 Co-op Official Open
- After bug fixes and quality improvements from the beta test feedback, Co-op will now be an official addition to the game.
- Co-op will open every other week alternating with Arena.
- Co-op will be continuously reformed even after becoming official content.
■ Changes to Co-op Rewards
- Co-op rewards will now be similar to Arena rewards.
- Reward accumulation time will change from 24 hours to 48 hours.
- However, on Sundays it will be 24 hours.
- A week consists of three 48 hour periods and one 24 hour period.
- Clear rewards for the highest level of Dungeon can be stacked 3 times for each reward accumulation time.
- During reward accumulation time, you can earn all the rewards by clearing the dungeon with 3 different Heroes.
- If you played many times with a single Hero, only the highest record will be accepted.
■ Changes in Co-op Map
- Co-op Map will change every season.
- New modes besides Speedrun will be added.
Step 3 Kama-ZONE Reform
- Kama-ZONE will be no longer restricted by tickets and can be played any time.
- The difficulty of Kama-ZONE will change.
- Can select difficulty when entering Kama-ZONE.
- The endless floor format will be changed into a finite floor format.
- The rewards change with difficulty.
- The rewards system will change.
- Rewards earned by clearing each node can now be earned by clearing the boss node of each floor.
- Each floor reward cannot be earned more than once and will reset every 3 days.
- Season Artifact
- Artifacts that last for a season.
- Can be earned and upgraded using exclusive coins earned from progressing through the Kama-ZONE.
- Will not disappear even after Leaving the dungeon, or when rewards are reset.
- Will disappear at the start of a new season.
- Does not take up space in Artifact Inventory.
- Some can be earned by meeting special conditions.
Step 4 Hero Faith System
- Each Hero can be faithful to a total of 5 gods.
- With increasing Faith level for each god, the Hero will be granted holy power from the god.
- ‘Relic’ will be added as a reward earned from Adventure / World Exploration / Event.
- Faith Level for a specific god can be raised by gifting a relic to that god.
- To 5 different Faith Levels, there is a limit in the sum of the combined levels and can be reassigned.
- Hero’s tendency will affect attraction for each Faith.
- Faith that does not fit the Hero will be hard or even impossible to level up.
※ Using Hero Reset will return all used relics.
Step 5 Division of Arena League & Top Arena System
■ Arena League Division
- Arena will be divided into many leagues.
- League Assignment will be decided at the start of the season.
- All leagues are equal without upper or lower divisions.
- Season ranking rewards will be based on the ranking within the league.
■ Top Arena System
- Top Arena will start after the Arena season is over.
- Top Arena starts the moment Arena season is over and lasts a week with Co-op.
- Admission to Top Arena is granted to Guardians who placed in high ranking in the normal arena.
- Guardian Level is fixed at Max level in Top Arena.
- Ban / Pick System will be added in Top Arena.
- Each player will ban 1 Hero.
- Each player selects their Heroes in order.
- When the selection is over, each player will decide the Hero order in the match.
- Hero order will not be revealed to the opponent until the match starts.
- Top Arena battle results will be available to everyone.
- Top Arena rewards will not be significantly large.
Step 6 Story Replay
Many Guardians have requested a Replay Mode for Guardian Tales’ Story Mode.
We are designing the replays so that they will not only let players relive each stage, but also experience a perfect reimagination to regrant most of the rewards that were given previously.
However, artifacts in-game and quests intertwined in many worlds made it hard to create the Main Story Replay. This development roadmap will start with Side Story reversion, and start updating the Side Story Replay and then the Main Story replay.
- First reversion update is ‘21 Kanterbury Street’, and it will be updated along with the update on March 9th (Tuesday).
To apply the Side Story Reversion System, you cannot enter the Side Stories starting from February 17th (Wednesday) 14:00 KST/06:00 CET/05:00 UTC/21:00 PST.
- When reverted, you can re-earn all the rewards again by completing each stage.
※ However, cards and costumes cannot be earned again.
Step 7 New Guild Content
Many Guardians sent requests for new guild content, and the development team is aware of the need for new content.
The development team is coming up with numerous ideas, while creating and testing prototypes.
- We are testing many ideas such as Guild Exploration, Guild War, and Guild Co-op.
- To introduce the most enjoyable contents from numerous prototypes a long time is needed, but we are setting summer as our goal for the update.
※ Guild System Reforms will still be updated regularly before summer as well.
We have looked into the direction that Guardian Tales will take through the summer.
We hope that we answered some of our Guardians’ questions.
However, the date and contents in the development roadmap are long-term development plans, so they can be changed based on our development environment. We are also coming up with numerous updates based on our Guardians’ feedback that are not in this development roadmap!
Finally, a sneak peak of when Season 2 will start.
The development team is already in progress to create the first chapter of Season 2.
A refreshing gameplay that will be completely different from Season 1 will be revealed!
The first world of Season 2 will be revealed around mid-April.
We will always try our best to provide joy to our Guardians.
Thank you for the continuous love and support for Guardian Tales!